Caden is our second kiddo with a birthday in October.
In 2012 he turned the big 12.
It's kind of cool that he was born in 2000 because he's always as old as the year it is
(minus 2000, of course).
Caden earned his Arrow of Light when he turned 11.
It was a happy celebration where he got his face painted.
It's kind of fun that Jeremy and I both were in scouts so we all have shirts. : )
(Just a side note, Caden at 12 is only 1 inch shorter than me. I'd say he grew a bit in his 11th year.)
Caden had his first run at Hollywood Kids and was Mushu.
He has extremely good timing with humorous lines, on and off the stage.
He is a big teddy bear and has always been a hugger.
When he was in kindergarten getting off the bus in Cincinnati,
he would leave the bus steps and begin running toward me, leaping into my arms for a huge hug. He didn't care who was watching and it always landed a grin on my face. I hope he never grows out of it.
Turning 11 with a Dad as a Boy Scout Leader meant he was able to go on all sorts of campouts.
This was at the Klondike Derby and the characteristic of Caden this pic reminds me of is his ability to get along with all ages. He isn't intimidated by anyone older or younger than him and draws them all in to his happy circle. He has always made friends very easily.
In Michigan, I remember getting out of the car at church (Caden was just 3), and about 5 other boys, ranging in age from 12 to 5, would run out to the car yelling, "Caden!" And would escort him inside, Caden sporting a grin the whole way. He's just a cool kid.
For 5th and half of 6th grade, Caden did school online through Nevada Virtual Academy.
When he went to middle school full time January 2013, I went into my room and cried.
He is an absolute delight to teach (even though he would moan, "I hate math, I hate school," over and over while diligently doing his work. When I would correct his papers I would often burst out laughing because he had put funny little comments in the middle of his spelling or history.
Fridays were are science and art days. Neal would come over to our house one week and the next Caden would go to his. They were a funny team and became fast friends.
This is the only teacher/student pic I have of his 5th grade year.
We were both hiding from my mom taking a pic.
I kind of went crazy on a million pics of our easy going son so have fun scrolling. : )
Books made him happiest on his 12th birthday.
Here he is just an inch shorter than me at a Court of Honor.
It was a special day when he was ordained a deacon.
He took to his responsibilities with a "this is what I've been waiting to do my whole life" kind of attitude. Finally, he has been given responsibility and a "real", worthwhile job.
Caden, we love you!














LIKE
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great kid!!!!
ReplyDelete