Sometimes I forget we live in the country,
but then we get to go on an outing and we get to drive through beauty like this.
This particular outing was to watch Sarah perform the skills she learned in the Horse Camp with the Girl Scouts.
(I think Sarah liked the boots they loaned her even more than the horses.)
Posin'
Sarah enjoyed introducing Taffy, KD and I to all the horses.
She got to ride "Fancy" to show off her skills.
There's a flag in that bucket that she picked up on her way around.
Then she came down around a barrel and headed back to stick it back in.
Ride 'em cowgirl.
Sarah is actually pretty allergic to horses and after the first hour she almost came home because she was sneezing so much. I had stuck a note in her lunch sack telling her how much I had loved riding horses with my Dad. She said that note gave her courage to stay. . . even when she got a nosebleed.
KD and Taffy enjoyed the rocks outside more than anything.
(We need to make a gravel box like the one we created for the kids in Michigan.)
Way to be brave and learn something new, Sarah!




No comments:
Post a Comment