Monday, July 14, 2014

The last four days. . .

We've had a few chances to sing together as a family lately.
We have named our family band "The Attempt", for that is what it is.
The most special time was to go sing "Come Thou Fount" for Sis. Tucker a few hours before she died.
It was her favorite song and with Jeremy on the guitar and Jaycie on the violin it was in the style she loved.  We were able to sing it at her funeral a few days later.


Jaycie and Benny get to head off to EFY next week.
They've been working on a duet with Benny playing the ukelele.
They sound so good together.  I will miss their singing when Jaycie leaves for college next year.


Wednesday, Jeremy, Benny, and Jaycie (and Jocelyn) left for Trek.


They lucked out and got to do a Trek in Vegas AND Missouri.
We will have them report when they get back.


The remaining 6 of us did stuff around the house. . . swam, cleaned, read,


oohed and ahhed at the baby bunnies which are a week old now,


made a cake for Jack, our friend who's 84th birthday was Thursday.


The boys got to go fishing with the Snipes, so yesterday Caden took his little sisters fishing.


Taffy learned to cast pretty well and KD is a master reeler-inner.


Timo had a fun time tipping his chair over.


And Sarah was just peaceful Sarah.



Some kids are easier to take a picture of than others.


KD caught a fish!


She was one proud little chickie.



Afterwards she kept telling the story of her catch over and over. . . 


"I was weelin' it in. . . 


"and I felt it pullin'. . . 


"I kept weelin' it in. . . 


"And pulled it in. . . 


"It was a 'credible fish!!"


"I love that 'credible fish."


Soon after her catch, all 3 lures had been lost so the fishing trip turned into a tadpole catching adventure.



Since she didn't catch a fish, Taffy found solace in being the only one to catch a couple tadpoles.


I love these kids.



Even when they don't always like each other.


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe KD is so big! And WHAT? You will have one in college?!? So when did that happen? Your family makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete