This move had begun a whole new way of life for me.
6 kids went off to school and I had little KD at home. I've never had one child at home alone since Benny came along.
As I was doing Yoga at the fitness center, soothing music playing in the background, my one child happily playing in babysitting, I wondered, "Could this really be my life now?"
Jeremy (who didn't have to work for 2 weeks), KD and I went shopping, we unpacked, we went to storytime, we went to the gym. . .
I had 2 hours a day to study for seminary (my new calling).
Life was pretty amazing.
"Do other people live like this?" I thought, "What have I been missing?"
But one thing was missing.
The past 2 years I've been doing online school with various children
(which I will never regret),
and had not been able to do all the "little kid" things with happy, bright Taffy.
And now she was in kindergarten full day, leaving at 7 in the morning and getting home at 4.
I felt a little cheated so. . .
Long story short, I let her choose if she wanted to stay at home or keep going to school.
She chose home. . . in her words,
"To be with my family, even though Sarah, Timo, Caden, Benny and Jaycie are at school."
She still goes to school for Art and P.E.
The first time she went back I wondered what she would say - if she would be sad and wish she was still going to school.
When we got in the car to go home she thoughtfully said,
"I know I can't go back because I chose to stay home to not have a harder life. . .
but sometimes it is painful in my heart."
I love this kid.
(Did you know toads apparently give kisses?)




Did that frog turn into a prince???
ReplyDelete