Monday, September 23, 2013

Labor Day

Though still in the midst of boxes,
we figured we should have people over for Labor Day.


The party started when Emma, our neighbor, brought over a present for Taffy.
It was the perfect present for Taffy. . . a lizard whose tail was turning blue because it was starting to fall off from being caught.  

Taffy christened him Salo
(because he looks like a sal-o-mander).

Just FYI - after a day, Salo's tail fell off and Taffy generously let him go so he would have a chance at life.  Funny thing is, he keeps showing up and Taffy runs inside yelling, "I saw Salo! I saw Salo!  His tail is starting to grow back!!!"


I digress, back to Labor Day.
We bar-b-qued on the grill Jeremy bought and put together the day before 
(so we could have people over),
played Kub (a very fun Baird family Swedish tradition - we missed Mark),
and swam.


We had some 16 children over and it warmed my heart to see them all playing together like best buds.


Every time we move, I'm struck by the instant family that awaits us in the church.
I am so grateful for that.


We ended the night with another gift from our neighbor.


We can do whatever we want since we live in the county, not the city.
They were awesome and very loud.
Taffy covered her toad's and Salo's ears.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't take the Baird Family (both sets: old and young) to make friends in a hurry. T'is a gift!

    ReplyDelete